Dji Phantom Aerial
There are many people who look for an aerial camera that is not only affordable and easy to move around, but also quite elusive. The DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for GoPro is the perfect choice for them. Here are the product specifications.
- Complete quadcopter and remote transmitter, pre-tuned by the factory and ready in minutes! Just charge the included battery, attach the propellers and landing gear, and add 4 AA batteries to the remote and you're flying.
- Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately. Produce dramatic cinema-quickly results from the air! Note: Wi-Fi streaming from a camera is not possible because it may interfere with the Phantom's remote control.
- Color: white
- Digital Zoom: 3x
- Flash memory type: Micro SD Card
- Body Dimensions: 8 by 17 by 17 inches
- Body Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Battery Type: LiPo
- Li Battery Power: 20W
- Ready-To-Use Aerial Filming Gadget with a GoPro mount: This is the perfect gadget to attract the attention of next gen filmmakers and adventure sports enthusiasts. The DJI’s Phantom Quadcopter has a GoPro mount which allows on the go filming with ease. Though there are a number of advanced functions in the quadcopter itself, it is quite easy to understand and start off. Even if this is the buyer’s first drone, it won’t create any such problems and is the best gadget to start with. Not only is this visually attractive with its sleek body and integrated design, but also the innovative features of the DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter like IOC (Intelligence Orientation Control) and come-back-home autopilot mode makes it a must buy for beginners and professionals alike.
- IOC (Intelligence Orientation Control): This is a very important additional feature in the Phantom series. With just a use of a switch, one can easily change the flying pattern of this drone. Usually a drone flies relative to its back and front, but this switch enables the drone to fly relative to a certain home position, allowing the flier to sweep the drone without losing track of it. This specific feature is provided by the Naza-M autopilot systems and needs to be activated before use. The DJI’s Phantom Quadcopter contains an USB cable and an easily downloadable Naza Assistance Software, which can be used to not only activate the IOC but also a number of other advanced features.
- The GoPro mount: This edition of the Phantom series is made mainly to perform aerial filming using a GoPro camera. There is a GoPro mounting case and standard accommodation to house GoPro cameras.
Design & Built
Like all the other drones of the DJI’s Phantom family, the DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for GoPro has the traditional ‘X’ design with four rotors at the four ends. Its exterior is white with a red trim and a camera mount in its undercarriage.
Being at par with the quality of the other Phantom series drones, the outer structure is quite hardy and resilient. This ruggedness comes also due to the structure. Use of the ‘X’ design makes the drone not only lightweight, but also quite sturdy.
The camera mount is simple and easily combines with any GoPro Hero series cameras. One can choose between fixing the camera in such a way that it faces the front or straight down. Both attachments are equally easy to make and use. The mount is sturdy and holds the camera very firmly. One does not need to worry that the camera may come loose during flight.
Flying the Drone
The DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for GoPro is very easy to assemble and work with. The only preparation needed is to attach the rotors and install battery. The Phantom drone has an auto-start auto-tune up function. As soon as it is fired up, it automatically goes through self-tuning and configuration. This process takes just a few minutes.
Like any DJI Quadcopter, the DJI Phantom Aerial is as swift and as much fun to operate. Moreover, when the drone flies in GPS mode and the remote is not being operated, the drone hovers at the spot.
It is one of the most unique features of this drone and is perfect for filming sports events or performances. For new users, this helps them to correct their flight path if going astray.
Another mode is the Attitude Mode, which is basically a manual mode. This enables the user to be in full control of the drone. Unlike the GPS mode, if the controls are let go, the drone does not hover, but it keeps moving in the side it previously was. Essentially, this mode is meant for advanced fliers.
The Return To Home function is one of the best functions of the Phantom drone. On setting a home point, whenever the drone flies out of range, it automatically enables this function and returns home. This even happens when there is any loss of contact with the remote due to battery or interference.
The Naza-M Software application is used to enable more advanced features and flying modes. Though, it is highly recommended that one must first excel the Attitude mode before venturing in the Naza-M features. It can be safely said that the Naza-M features are responsible for making this a fun experience.
- Reasonable price.
- Any GoPro Hero camera can be attached
- Very easy to set up and start off.
- Stable flight pattern with stable landings and take-offs.
- Responsive control systems.
- Flexible performance with a very accurate GPS navigation system.
- Variety of modes that caters to the needs of beginners as well as advanced fliers.
There might be a number of drones available having similar or may be better features, but is a buyer wants a quadcopter which is ready to fly out of the box then this is the right choice. This will help any beginner to learn properly with its assisting modes like GPS. The DJI Phantom Aerial has modes even to excite advanced fliers with all the different modes offered by Naza-M. All in all, this is a must buy product.