You are already familiar that a drone or a quadcopter is undoubtedly a priced asset. Of course you can search for a suitable drone case which offers comprehensive security to the UAVs. But what about protecting other accessories?
Isn’t that your responsibility?
It certainly is.
- 1 WHAT ARE DRONE PROPELLERS?
- 2 THEN WHAT IS A DRONE PROPELLER PROTECTOR?
- 3 WHY IS DRONE PROPELLER PROTECTANT IMPORTANT?
- 4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 4.1 How much time will it take to install protector on my propeller?
- 4.2 What type of material is used to make propeller protector?
- 4.3 How much space do I need on the shaft for propeller protector?
- 4.4 Will the propeller protector rust or damage after a certain time?
- 4.5 How can I install the protector on the propeller?
WHAT ARE DRONE PROPELLERS?
Before you get to know the important role of a propeller protector or guard; let’s briefly introduce the drone propeller. This is one such equipment which when attached to the quad motors can spin at a great pace.
The rotation leads air to go down and because of this the pressure change. Now your drone lifts off the ground and it flies.
THEN WHAT IS A DRONE PROPELLER PROTECTOR?
If you have just started your journey with drones, then these become all the more important because you don’t want to damage your propeller in any manner.
Please be aware that if you have removed the prop guards then in that case do not continue using the protector screws. If you do so, you might damage the motor which can obviously prove very costly. Avoid committing this mistake.
WHY IS DRONE PROPELLER PROTECTANT IMPORTANT?
1. Acts as a protective gear or Cover for the Propeller –
The Drone Propeller are quite fragile and are prone to get broken or damaged in the case of a crash or collision. Of course, you do not want to encounter such a situation because you love your UAV. Isn’t it?
2. Helps in Drone Recovery –
Now if suppose, unfortunately, your drone meets a collision or gets dashed into an object, the propeller protector will at once deflect your quad.
Because of the deflection, your drone propeller remains same and the motor does not get damaged. But you need to choose an optimum quality protector.
3. Easier to carry propellers –
The Drone Propeller protector also makes your task much easier to carry the props. You can properly grab on to them (protectors). If mistakenly you drop the prop the drone, it will prevent it. Don’t worry, they are lightweight and will not add to your burden.
4. Better Visibility –
By adding a protector you are not only preventing your propeller from getting damaged but also it increases the visibility. Surely, you can view your drone from a greater distance. This happens because the size increases making the visibility clearer. So, just enjoy the sight!
5. Safe Landing –
You can land your quad at the exact location or spot which you want it to. The propellers remain protected and intact.
6. Cool Looks in Budget –
Just put on the prop protector and view it. Doesn’t their appearance change? Don’t they look cool and elegant? Yes indeed.
Your heart will surely get enthralled once you see them flying.
As far as the price of this protective gear is concerned, it will not burn your pocket as they are budget friendly. And secondly, after getting acquainted with so many benefits, it is certain that you won’t take any undue risk with your drone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much time will it take to install protector on my propeller?
It depends on the type of prop protector you choose. The ones having a clamp will need approximately about 10 minutes and you don’t have to remove the prop. The side on version needs about 30 minutes to install.
What type of material is used to make propeller protector?
Well, various kinds of materials are widely used to make propeller protectors ranging from solid stainless steel, steel wire meshed and so on. All these materials offer longevity to the protector so you can relax that your propellers are in same hands.
How much space do I need on the shaft for propeller protector?
This depends on the type of protector you are short listing. The Side on Version requires a gap of about 18mm on the shaft whereas the Clamp protector needs a slightly more space of about 23 mm.
Will the propeller protector rust or damage after a certain time?
No. It is because these accessories are made up of such materials optimal and high quality stainless steel which does not corrode at all.
How can I install the protector on the propeller?
1) First, you have to pre-drill for making holes for the mounting process under anti-cavitation plate
2) Put on steel screws and nuts to tighten the plate
3) In the two lower mounting brackets fix two stainless steel cap screw and lock nuts (one to the left and another to right). Also, attach four stainless steel cap screws and lock nuts to the lower section.
4) After this, you have to fasten the brackets.