- 1 Overview
- 1.0.1 Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone 2.4Ghz 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channels Quadcopter Good Choice for Drone Training
- 1.0.2 Holy Stone HS210 Mini Drone RC Nano Quadcopter Best Drone for Kids and Beginners RC Helicopter Plane with Auto Hovering,...
- 1.0.3 Holy Stone HS190 Foldable Mini Nano RC Drone for Kids Gift Portable Pocket Quadcopter with Altitude Hold 3D Flips and...
- 1.0.4 UDI U818A HD 2.4GHz 4CH 6 Axis Gyro Headless Mode RC Quadcopter Drone w/ HD 2MP Camera, Extra Battery and...
- 1.0.5 SYMA X1 4 Channel 2.4G RC Quad Copter, Spacecraft (As shown)
- 2 Quadcopter Drone RC Helicopter by KiiToys
- 3 Mini RC Drone
- 4 Holy Stone Mini RC Drone
- 5 UDI U818A
- 6 Syma X1 4
Buying gifts for kids is one of the duties almost every person has to go through in their lifetime. The most common gifts for kids are toys. There are a lot of options available in this section and sometimes it’s quite hard to choose. Moreover, there is a possibility a child won’t like it as much. One type of toy that will make a person very popular among kids, especially boys, is a drone. Playing with action figures and or toy guns, having a feeling of fighting in a make belief war is one of the favorite pass times of a kid. If that kid is given a drone, it will be the ultimate gift and the boy will remember it for the rest of his life.
When buying kids drones, it is quite important to check if it is safe enough. A number of drones have sharp rotors and small pieces which can be harmful for a child. Still, there are a number of drones available which are specifically made for kids, keeping to all the safety measures needed. Some of the top drones for children are
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone 2.4Ghz 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channels Quadcopter Good Choice for Drone Training
- HEADLESS SECURITY SYSTEM Enables players of any level to fly the drone easily
- 2.4GHz Technology Adopted for Anti-Interference
- More Stable and Flexible with 6-Axis Gyro Stabilization System
- Good Performance of Wind-Resistant Control Range: About 30-50 Meters
Holy Stone HS210 Mini Drone RC Nano Quadcopter Best Drone for Kids and Beginners RC Helicopter Plane with Auto Hovering,...
- 21 Minutes Flight Time: Come with 3 drone batteries in the package, your flight time is prolonged up to 21 Minutes.
- Easy to Play: The Auto-hovering function enables the drone to hover at current height. You can release the throttle stick and control the drone more easily.
Holy Stone HS190 Foldable Mini Nano RC Drone for Kids Gift Portable Pocket Quadcopter with Altitude Hold 3D Flips and...
- Altitude Hold Function: Powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows you to release the throttle stick and the drone will keep hovers at it's current height.
- Foldable and Easy to Carry: This mini quadcopter can be folded into the controller, which is small and easy to carry.
UDI U818A HD 2.4GHz 4CH 6 Axis Gyro Headless Mode RC Quadcopter Drone w/ HD 2MP Camera, Extra Battery and...
- The UDI U818A HD has the Headless/IOC function. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using Headless/IOC, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction. This lessens the steepness of the learning curve and allows the pilot to enjoy flight while slowly learning each specific orientation of the quadcopter.
- 3D flips, stability and agility in flight makes it super simple to perform professional 3D maneuvers like pirouettes 3D fun flips, rolls and more
- 3-axis flight control system with adjustable gyro sensitivity will give you super stable flight
Quadcopter Drone RC Helicopter by KiiToys
This is one of the best drones available for kids. KiiToys has launched a micro Quadcopter specifically build for young fliers. The mechanics include a radio control unit having 4-channels and a 6-axis gyro. This particular model, the X-10, is basically the smallest Quadcopter in the world, and is suitable for kids of all ages. Moreover, it can do a 3D flip and can also put on an aerial light show.
When one says it’s small, it is really small with dimensions of just 1.5”x1.5”. One single charge allows it a flight time of 5-8mins. The main advantage of the 6-axis gyro is that one gets full movement from the Quadcopter, and also experience a stable and steady flight. The best part of it is that it has an inbuilt 3D flip stunt which will immediately catch the eye of a kid. The 4-channels of the controller enable control over multiple drones at one time. Due to its small size, it is best if it is flown indoors.
Mini RC Drone
Popular drone manufacturers DFD has come up with the model, Mini RC Drone for the kids. The drone is quite easy to control and it’s a lot of fun flying it. It is one of the best drones to start off with. There are four modes so that all types of users can easily fly it.
The drone has a 6-axis gyro, with a 4-channel controlling unit. The drone is assembled and packed which allows one to fly it right out-of-the-box.
It has a stable hovering mode with 3D flight facility. One can maneuver it in all directions and even perform a 360 flip. With a golden colored body and a flight time of 5mins, this drone is bound to be a favorite among kids.
Holy Stone Mini RC Drone
The Holy Stone Mini RC Drone is one more drone tailor made for kids. With its 6-axis gyro, it has quite a stable flight and beginner level flight controls. It has a 4-channel controller, which enables the drone to have a 3D flight pattern and allows it to do 360 flips. Accidents are a common occurring when it one flies for the first time. This drone has a protective covering which saves it from the crashes. It also comes with 6 colorful and bright LED lights which not only shows the direction in which the drone flies in, but also creates a light show for the kids.
This Quadcopter is not as small as the KiiToys drone but is itself small for a normal drone. Its dimensions are 5.31” x 5.31” x 1.38. Weighing only 16.47oz, this quad can fly quite fast. The best part of the whole deal is that it comes in less than $40.
UDI is one of the most popular and respected names of the drone industry. Their model U818A is one of the drones that are specially meant for kids. If one is searching for a well-built, sturdy and reliable drone for a kid, this is the perfect choice. Having a 4-channel controller and a 6-axis gyro, the U818A is one of the easiest drones to fly, even for a complete beginner. The main advantage of this drone is that, unlike all the above drones, it comes with a First-Person-View (FPV) camera and that too under $100.
The drone comes with a high powered battery and stronger motors, enabling it to fly more efficiently and for a longer duration. Only downside is that it charges for 120mins and after that gives a flight time of 7-9mins.
The drone does not come assembled as some others, and thus do not have the fly out-of-the-box property. The main design is quite easy to put together; even that is quite an adventure for the kids, as they get to put together their first drone themselves. The easy design makes the assembly and repair quite easy.
Syma X1 4
This is one of the highest selling mini drones in the market, which shows that it is already quite popular with the kids. It is very attractively designed like an UFO, which gives it the popularity with the kids. It comes with a very stable flight control system, allowing the kids to not only maneuver the drone in all directions, but also perform a number of stunts like rolls, flips and pirouettes.
Moreover, as the child grows better and gains confidence, the advanced flight system allows them to perform a lot more stunts. This drone comes totally assembled and can be flown as soon as it is taken out. The only part that is not included in the package are its batteries, which can be purchased from any store.
Usually, mini drones come with such specifications that it can only be flown indoors, but that is not the case for the Syma X1 4. It has two modes of flight: outdoor and indoor. Its superior stability allows a perfect outdoor flying experience.